Congratulations to the Semi-finalists of The Tenzing Coupe Cocktail Competition. This year there the submissions to enter were triple last year. The Dogma Group, which is officiating the competition, reviewed every cocktail recipe and have confirmed the semi-finalists.
This Monday, September 28th the following bartenders will recreate their cocktails and submit to an expert group of judges from the industry.
- All judging will be executed blindly.
- Judges will consist of certified cicerones, certified sommeliers, cocktail industry professionals and food/drink media members.
- Each contestant will have 5 minutes to execute 1 cocktail for judges.
- There will be 8 heats of 5 competitors.
- Each competitor will have an assigned presentation time. Assigned times will be chosen at random and will be distributed to competitors on September 21st.
- There will be 3 rounds of judging:
- 3 judges for the first 20 competitors.
- 3 judges for the second 20 competitors.
- 3 judges for the 10 finalists
- Presentation (garnish, glassware, and cocktail name) 10 pts
- Taste (aroma, flavor, and balance) 20 pts
- The top 12 contestants with the highest point totals will make their cocktail again in the finals.
Alex Schmalling - The Dawson
Amy Starr - NAHA/Brindille
Andy Zolnierowicz - Benchmark
Anthony Mitchell - -La Sirena Clandestina
Brenna Washow - Ada st.
Chad Hauge - Longman & Eagle
Chase Bracamontes - The Publican
Collin Dennis - High Noon Saloon
Danielle Lewis - GT Fish&Oyster
Dustin Drankiewicz - 16"OC (16 on center)
Eduardo Martinez - Chicago Athletic association
Emily Bohn - Maple Tree Inn
Greg Buttera - Sportsman's Club
Greg Fleming -Lone Wolf, The Pump Room
Griffin Elliot - Sepia
Harrison Ginsberg - The Dawson
Javier Rios - La Sirena Clandestina
Jeff Dauksch - Cityscape Bar
Jess Keene -Barrelhouse Flat/Fulton Market Kitchen
Jill Anderson - The Drifter
Jonathan Lam - The Barrelhouse Flat
Julia Momose - GreenRiver
Justin Anderson - TBD bar in the West Loop
Kevin Beary - Rural Society
Kristina Magro - Pub royale
Mark Brinker - The Barrelhouse Flat
Matty Eggleston – Nico Osteria
Miranda Breedlove -Broken Shaker Chicago
Nic Lutton - Pearl's Southern Comfort
Preston Cohen - GreenRiver
Priscilla DeLuna - Commons Club- Virgin Hotels
Rebekah Graham - The Publican
Robbie Haynes - Analogue
Ryan Ward - Rural Society
Savannah - Edge by Chef Dustin Allen
Seth Frantz - Brass Monkey
Thomas Mooneyham - Bar DeVille
Wade McElroy -Sportsman's Club
Zach Frey - Old Town Social
Zach Heller - Soho House Chicago, Elixir Andersonville
To view the winner of the 2014 TEnzing Coupe, click here.