Congratulations to the Semi-finalists of The Tenzing Coupe Cocktail Competition. This year there were over 150 submissions. The Dogma Group, which is officiating the competition, reviewed every cocktail recipe and have confirmed the semi-finalists.
This Monday, September 25th the following bartenders will recreate their cocktails and submit to an expert group of judges from the industry.
Aimee Haraf -Violet Hour
Christian Hetter-The Berkshire Room
Danielle Lewis-GT Fish and Oyster, GT Prime
David Mor-Cindy's Rooftop
Don Mallory-RPM Italian
DrewDemaria - Boka
Ed Hong - Prairie School | Celeste
Emily Burns -City Mouse at Ace Hotel
James Knittle - Green Zebra Restaurant
James Urycki - Travelle Kitchen & Bar (Langham Hotel Chicago)
Janek Evans - Peckish Pig
Javier Arroyo - CH distillery / The Aviary
Jess Keene - Sable Kitchen & Bar / Elixir Andersonville
Jessica Lambert - Vol.39/Boleo at The Gray Hotel
Jill Anderson- The Drifter
Justin Kaderabek - Monteverde
Katie Hackmeister - Osteria Langhe
Kayt Free - J9 Wine Bar
Kevin Beary - Three Dots and A Dash
Kevin Hillis - Steak+Vine
Lance Bowman - Folk Art Group
Luke Mockaitis - The Drinkingbird
Michael Simon - Katana
Morgan Gabriellson - J9 Wine Bar
Nco Antunes - Lunatic, the lover & the poet
Nikki Frank - The Florentine
Pablo Madrigal - The Bristol
Ryan Olsson - North Pond
Sam Lyden - Presidio
Sam Wolf - The Barrelhouse Flat
Sarah Schmitt - Avec and Rhine Hall Distillery
Sarah Walters - Leviathan
Scott Kitsmiller- Bad Hunter
Sean Stevens - Boka
Stephanie Andrews - Billy Sunday
Tim Hollingsworth - The Robey
Vinny Haddad - Girl & The Goat
Wei-Han Hu - The Drifter
About the Coupe
The competition is organized by The Dogma Group, LLC and sponsored by Tenzing Wine & Spirits.
First Place: $3500
Second Place: $1000
Third Place: $500
When: Monday, September 25th, 2017 - 11:00pm-4:00pm
Where: Tenzing Wine and Spirits Basecamp 165 N Morgan St. Chicago, IL
1. All cocktail recipes must be submitted by Monday Sept. 11th by 12:00 am through the application link provided on www.thedogmagroup.com
2. Each contestant can submit up to 2 cocktails but only one cocktail can qualify.
3. All spirits, wines, sake, or alcoholic beverages used in the production of cocktails must come from the Tenzing Wine & Spirits portfolio. These Tenzing products will be provided for competitors on the day of the competition.
4. No homemade ingredients are allowed. Bitters, syrups, tonics and flavored sodas need to come from the Tenzing Wine & Spirits portfolio.
5. Juices, raw ingredients, fruit and herbs are allowed but will not be provided. Competitors are responsible for all ingredients that are not a part of the Tenzing Wine & Spirits portfolio.
6. Organizers will provide the following stock syrup items:
• 1:1 Simple Syrup (White Sugar; uncooked)
• 2:1 Rich Simple Syrup (white sugar; uncooked)
• 2:1 Agave Syrup (Light Amber)
• 3:1 Honey Syrup (Clover)
• All stock syrups will be available to taste at scheduled Tenzing Coupe Bar Labs
7. Competitors should bring enough ingredients, juices and garnishes to produce at least 4 complete cocktails (2 for competition, 2 for back-up)
8. Competitors must provide their own glassware.
9. All garnishes edible (or inedible) must fit in or on a cocktail glass. All garnishes must be provided by competitors.
10. Garnishes can be prepared before the contest. All garnishes must be provided by the competitors.
11. Each cocktail must be named. No lewd cocktail names.
12. No fire can be used in the execution of a cocktail.
13. Each competitors will have access to a standard 120V electrical outlet for cocktail production. Use of the outlet must be specified in recipe submission.
14. Cocktail submissions will be tasted and reviewed blindly.
15. 40 competitors will be selected to compete and will be notified on September 18th
16. Questions on rules can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org