In Vencò, at the heart of Collio area, within the gorgeous frame of the vineyards owned by Fantinel family, “Tenuta Sant’Helena” stands out. At few steps from the boundary with Slovenia, the mild climate, provided by the protection of the Julian Alps northwards and the openness to the Adriatic sea southwards, and the superb terroir made up of marly sandstones create a magnificent environment for grape growing. Here the focused clonal research, the careful selection of the best grapes and the peculiar enhancement of Friulian indigenous vine varieties give birth to a refined collection, high expression of Fantinel company quality.
“Tenuta Sant’Helena” wines are produced by developing particular styles, such as the cold maceration of white grapes, thanks to a short contact with the skins, and a light raisining of red grapes, that are enriched with structure and personality. A limited edition of wines with an intriguing aromatic set, a robust and embracing body and astonishing evolution potentialities.
- Vineyard Area: 60 ha
- Soil Type: Marly sandstones (Eocene origin) called “Ponca”
- Varieties Cultivated: Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon, Ribolla Gialla, Friulano, Chardonnay, Pinot Bianco, Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Nero
- Annual Production: 200,000 Bottles
- Winemaker: Alberto Zanello
- Topography: Rolling hills (alt. 200 mt.)
- Founded: 1969