Lilian Ladouys began to gain fame in 1654 when it was known at that time under the name of La Doys. During the 18th century, the property was purchased by the Barre family. The Barre family remained in charge of Chateau Lilian Ladouys for more than 150 years.
By the early 1900’s, Lilian Ladouys, due to neglect and a lack of funds, slipped into a dilapidated state. The owners of Lilian Ladouys were forced to sell some of their St. Estephe vineyards to help pay off debts they had incurred. This did not begin to be rectified until the new owners, Christian and Lilian Thieblot begin to invest and modernize Lilian Ladouys. In 2007, the light, yellow tinted chateau and vineyards of Lilian Ladouys was resold and purchased by the Lorenzetti family. The Lorenzetti’s added to their portfolio in the Medoc with the purchase of Chateau Pedesclaux and a smaller estate, also located in Pauillac, Haut Milon. In February, 2013, Jacky Lorenzetti added to their Bordeaux holdings with the purchase of 50% of Chateau d’Issan in the Margaux appellation.